Explore how composers have depicted the sea and the power of nature through music across generations at this unique concert presented in partnership with the Maine Science Festival.
What’s Interesting About This Concert
- The Warming Sea by Lucas Richman is a new, multimedia work reflecting on climate change in the Gulf of Maine
- Both La Mer and The Moldau, used famously in The Tree of Life starring Brad Pitt, bring listeners on powerful emotional journeys
- Maine’s Bicentennial is honored with a work by Rockland-native Walter Piston, a major influence in 20th century American music
- Walter Piston | Bicentennial Fanfare
- Bedřich Smetana | The Moldau
- Lucas Richman | The Warming Sea [World Premiere]
- Nancy Galbraith | Tormenta del Sur
- Claude Debussy | La Mer
Concert Length: Approx. 1 hour, 40 minutes, including intermission
Now available as part of a discounted season subscription package. Single tickets on sale September 9, 2019.