Auditions for new members will be held on Thursday, January 5, 2017. To schedule an audition time you must complete the application by December 30, 2016 .
Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, and Harp:
- Two minutes of a prepared solo that best demonstrates your playing ability (your choice)
- One scale with arpeggio (your choice)
- Sight reading of orchestral excerpts (selected by the BSYO)
Percussionists must prepare excerpt(s) from solo and/or etude repertoire on pitched and non-pitched instruments.
Tuition for all ensembles is $250 per student per year. If you are only participating in the Spring session, tuition is $150. The BSYO is committed to ensuring that all musicians who successfully audition for membership in BSYO ensembles are able to participate, regardless of financial considerations. Thus, we offer tuition waivers, reductions or special payment plans to families who demonstrate financial need through the Tuition Assistance Application available by request. For the 2016-17 season, we are also offering the following sibling discounts:
- 2nd sibling: $175 (30% off)
- 3rd sibling: $125 (50% off)
- 4th sibling: $0 (free)