After a three-year hiatus, The Nutcracker returns to the Collins Center for the Arts featuring the Bangor Symphony Orchestra, Robinson Ballet, and Bangor Area Youth Choirs. Performances are scheduled for Saturday, December 17 at 2pm & 7pm and Sunday, December 18 at 3pm.
- WEATHER NOTICE: We are expecting rain and snow on Saturday. Please be cautious on the road and allow extra time for poor conditions! Based on the latest forecast, all performances will proceed as scheduled.
- Box office and lobby doors open 90 minutes prior to show start time.
- Doors to auditorium open 30 minutes prior to show start time.
- Act I is approx. 50 minutes, followed by a 20 minute intermission; Act II is approx. 40 minutes.
- Concessions will be available and will include popcorn, cookies, candy bars, coffee, water & soft drinks, a selection of beer and wine, and a drink special. You may take treats to your seats.
- Nutcracker merchandise will be available for sale before the performance begins, at intermission and afterward.
- Bonus music: BSO Brass will perform in the lobby pre-show, and Bangor Area Youth Choirs will carol in the lobby at intermission.
- As a courtesy to all, please refrain from wearing fragrances of any type.
- Photos will not be allowed during the performance, but we have photo-ops in the lobby and feel free to take and share photos from your seats before and after the performance.
- We no longer have any COVID-19 restrictions.
- Need directions? Click here. The venue is located at 2 Flagstaff Road, Orono, Maine, 04469
- BOX OFFICE ADVISORY: Please note, we have seen a large uptick in 3rd party ticket re-sellers trying to sell Nutcracker tickets. Re-seller sites (i.e. tickets-center.com, event-center.com) may sell you a ticket that does not exist and will charge exorbitant prices! If you ordered tickets through a 3rd party for digital or print-at-home delivery and have not received them, please contact the box office at (207) 581-1755.
*** Looking for last minute tickets? Your best bet is checking online, calling the box office at (207) 581-1755, or arriving early for the show you hope to see! A limited number of new seats have been released as of Friday, Dec. 16th. ***