Free recital on February 21 features young artists competing for spot to perform with BSO
Bangor, Maine – The Bangor Symphony Orchestra is pleased to announce the 34th Annual Maine High School Concerto Competition. Finalists will be performing in a free recital before the public on Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 2 p.m. at Minsky Recital Hall on the University of Maine campus.
This year’s performers come from across the state and feature a variety of instruments:
- Mason Duplisse, trombone (Brewer)
- Lily Dudley Holland, cello (Mattawamkeag)
- Abreal Whitman, violin (Augusta)
- Ann McKee, violin (Hallowell)
- Marcos Perez Edgar, piano (Portland)
- Jacob Austin, piano (Portland)
- Josie DiPhilippo, piano (South Portland)
First, second, and third place winners will receive scholarships from the Bangor Symphony Orchestra, and the first place winner will also have the opportunity to perform as a soloist with the BSO with Lucas Richman conducting at the annual Young People’s Concerts on May 18, 2015.