Bangor, ME – The Bangor Symphony Orchestra left audiences excited for next fall yesterday with the announcement of its 2017-2018 season, the orchestra’s 122nd. The new season offers the range of programming that audiences have come to expect from the BSO’s Grammy Award-winning Music Director and Conductor Lucas Richman: audience favorites and rarely performed masterpieces alongside contemporary works and hidden gems featuring talented guest soloists from around the country and within the BSO.
“It was so gratifying to see the positive response to our expanded season this year,” said BSO Music Director and Conductor Lucas Richman. He continued, “I’m thrilled that we’re able to continue this new tradition of featuring BSO musicians as soloists while also exploring diverse repertoire and bringing in top-notch guests doing exciting work.”
Subscriptions are now on sale through the Collins Center for the Arts Box Office at 1-800-622-TIXX and online at bangorsymphony.org. Nutcracker and Pops tickets are currently only available as add-ons to subscription purchases; single tickets will go on sale Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
Highlights of the BSO’s 122nd Season:
- Continuation of expanded season of 6 Masterworks concerts for second year
- Five BSO musicians featured as soloists in January 2018
- Major works and audience favorites including Respighi’s Pines of Rome, Mozart’s Mass in C Minor, and Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique
- Contemporary and rarely performed works including Nashville-based composer Conni Ellisor’s Conversations in Silence, Samuel Barber’s Capricorn Concerto and Busoni’s Violin Concerto
- Pops concert featuring the music of Wicked and The Wizard of Oz
- Internationally acclaimed guest artists appear throughout the season, including piano stars William Wolfram and Orli Shaham, and violinists Rachel Lee Priday and Frank Almond
- New subscribers save 50% off single tickets, and returning subscribers save up to 15%
The full season listing can be found here: bangorsymphony.org/schedule
Images for the 2017-2018 season can be downloaded here: bit.ly/1718BSOimages