- Arrive about a half hour before the performance begins, so you can find your seats and get comfortable. Latecomers are seated at the first appropriate pause, but we don’t want you to miss a minute.
- Look for our box office in the lobby. We open 1 1/2 hours before each concert, so you’ll have plenty of time to get tickets on the day of the performance.
- Snap and share photos in the lobby, but please turn off all cell phones and devices in the concert hall.
- Carefully consider the interest, attention span and likelihood of disturbing others before bringing small children or infants to a concert. If you do decide to bring the kids, ask our Symphony staff for suggestions about how to make the experience more enjoyable for young concert-goers.
- Many people view a concert as a special occasion to dress up. However, no matter what you wear, you will fit right in.
- Suddenly need extra tickets the day of a performance? Arrive as soon as the box office opens one and one-half hours before the concert, and we’ll make sure you get the best seats possible. If a concert is sold out, we’ll add your name to our waiting list, and often you’ll be able to purchase unused tickets just before the performance starts.
When you purchase your tickets, please…
- Let us know if anyone in your party will need wheelchair seating, which is provided in the lower orchestra and center stage front sections. If stairs are a problem, we can also arrange elevator service to the floor at Bangor Auditorium.
- Remember we only give exchanges and refunds if a concert is cancelled. In the case of bad weather, please call the Symphony office at 207.942.5555 or 800.639.3221 for updated voice messages, or check local radio and television stations for cancellation announcements.
Just give us a call Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 207.942.5555 or 800.639.3221 or visit www.bangorsymphony.org for up-to-date information. If you need assistance the day of a performance, you can get updated information by calling 207.942.5555.